In this post, we have given a step by step Installation Guide to flash LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix.
If you are looking for a Custom ROM for your Xiaomi Mi Mix then you are at right place. Mi Mix was released and started the era of bezel-less smartphones but the software has never been the best part about Xiaomi smartphones. MIUI can be problematic sometimes because of the late Android updates and too much bloat.
Talking about Custom ROMs, LineageOS 16 is one of the used custom ROM for Android, thanks to the performance and battery life it gives with timely Android updates.
Keep reading the post to download the ROM and know the step by step flashing procedure of the ROM along with GApps.
Table of Contents
About the ROM
ROM OS Version: Android 9 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.120
Maintained by: bgcngm
- Unlocked Bootloader
- The firmware version required is MIUI 8.8.30 Global dev
- TWRP Installed
- The battery should be charged to 50% (No Shutdown during flashing process)
ROM: LineageOS 16
Drivers: ADB and Fastboot
Magisk: Magisk v18.1
How to Flash LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix
Step 1: Unlock the Device
- Go to Mi Unlock Page for Permission to Unlock the Bootloader
- Open the Mi Flash Unlock tool and Login with the account which has unlocking permissions
- Unlock the Device
Step 2: Boot the recovery
- Connect the phone to PC
- Download recovery, rename it to recovery.img and place it in C:\adb folder
- Open a command prompt by pressing Shift + Right Click and then click on Open command window or Powershell
- Paste this command to boot recovery
fastboot boot recovery.img
This will boot the recovery.
Step 3: Flash the ROM and GApps
- Download the latest ROM and GApps
- In the TWRP, Click on Wipe and perform a Full Wipe
- Go to Install and Flash the latest ROM zip file
- Reboot to bootloader and boot TWRP once again (In case you haven’t flashed the recovery)
- Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons
That’s it, You have flashed LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix