In this post, we have given a step by step Installation Guide to flash LineageOS 16 for Mi A1.
Mi A1 was the first smartphone from Mi which was a part of Android One program. Co-developed by Google, the software is Stock Android and updates comes timely. Mi A1 was one of the best budget smartphone of 2017.
The Stock Android lacks one thing, customizability. So if you are a Mi A1 user and wants features and customizations then flashing a custom ROM is the best way to go. Talking about custom ROMs, LineageOS 16 based on Android Pie was recently released for Mi A1.
Not to mention that LineageOS is the most used custom ROM for Android devices because of its stability and performance. Based on AOSP, LineageOS contains no bloat and is updated frequently thanks to the developers. Read more about LineageOS later in this Post.
Table of Contents
About the ROM
ROM OS Version: Android 9 Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed
- The battery should be charged to 50%
Drivers: ADB and Fastboot
Magisk: Magisk v18.1
How to Flash LineageOS 16 on Mi A1
Step 1: Unlock the bootloader
- Power off your Mi A1
- Press and hold the volume down button and Power button to enter into fastboot mode
- Connect the device to PC
- Open the command prompt on your pc/laptop and run the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
Your phone is unlocked.
Step 2: Boot the recovery
- Connect the phone to PC
- Download recovery, rename it to recovery.img and place it in C:\adb folder
- Open a command prompt by pressing Shift + Right Click and then click on Open command window or Powershell
- Paste this command to boot recovery
fastboot boot recovery.img
This will boot the recovery.
Step 3: Flash the ROM and GApps
- Download the latest ROM and GApps
- In the TWRP, Click on Wipe and perform a Full Wipe
- Go to Install and Flash the latest ROM zip file
- Reboot to bootloader and boot TWRP once again (In case you haven’t flashed the recovery)
- Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons
That’s it, You have flashed LineageOS 16 for Mi A1