Download Stock Firmware/ROM for all Moto E Variants
This post includes Stock Firmware for all Moto E models. Also, there is a step by step guide to flash the Stock Firmware.
Table of Contents
Moto E (5th Generation)
Moto E5 Play OPG28.54-53 (Retail)
Moto E5 Plus OPP27.91-179 (RETAIL)
Moto E5 OPP27.91-176 (RETAIL)
Moto E (4th Generation)
Moto E (3rd Generation)
How to flash Stock Stock/Firmware on Motorola’s Moto E
Step 1: Download and Install ADB and fastboot and Moto drivers
Step 2: Unlock the Bootloader by using your PC
Step 3: Flash the Stock ROM/Firmware using Fastboot
Here are the Steps in Detail
Step 1: Download and Install Drivers on your PC
Download ADB and Fastboot drivers and Moto drivers and Install them.
Step 2: Unlock the bootloader
- Enable USB Debugging and Allow OEM unlock by going into Developer options. Go to settings > About phone and then tap on “Build number” multiple times until you see “You are now a developer” popup
- Open the Motorola Bootloader unlock website and click on “Next”. On the next screen, Sign in with your Google or Motorola account
- Reboot to fastboot by turning off your phone and then pressing Volume Down and Power Key together
- Connect the phone to your PC and open command window. Type this in cmd
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will give a code which you need to copy and paste it into the Data Scrub tool
- Data scrub tool will give a new code, copy it and paste it in Motorola Unlock page which you just signed on to.
- Click on “I agree” and then click on “Get unlock code”
- You will receive an Unlock key
- Now type the following code in the command window twice
fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
UNIQUE_KEY is the key you got on Motorola unlock page. Paste the code twice to unlock the device.
Step 3: Flash the Stock ROM/Firmware using fastboot
- Download the Stock ROM from Download section given above
- Extract the zip file and Copy paste it into the adb folder which should be in C: drive
- Open the command window in the adb and fastboot folder by Right click+Shift key and click on “Open command window”
- Boot your phone into bootloader mode by typing adb reboot bootloader in the cmd/Powershell window
- Copy and Paste this code into the command window
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img fastboot flash logo logo.bin fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin mfastboot oem fb_mode_set fastboot flash oem oem.img fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin fastboot erase modemst1 fastboot erase modemst2 fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn fastboot erase cache fastboot erase userdata fastboot erase customize fastboot erase clogo fastboot oem fb_mode_clear fastboot reboot
This will flash the Stock ROM/Firmware on Moto E series phones.