Flashing a Custom ROM is a very common practice today as they bring latest Android and also give a good performance. Redmi Note 5 aka Redmi 5 Plus was released back in January 2018 and sold well. The development for Redmi Note 5 is very active and we have a large number of Custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 5/5 Plus.
We selected 7 best Custom ROM by comparing the stability, performance, and updates. If you dont know how to flash a Custom ROM then check out the FAQs page by using the navigation below.
Table of Contents
How to flash Custom ROM in Redmi Note 5
To flash a Custom ROM, you need a Custom Recovery. Installing TWRP (Custom Recovery) is quite simple and include 3 Steps:
First Download these:
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader, Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging
Go to this Page and apply for Unlocking permissions. After receiving permissions download the Mi unlock, Install it and unlock the Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in developers options ( Tap a few times on Build no. to unlock Developers options)
Step 2: Flash the TWRP by Fastboot
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and Go to C:\adb
- Download the Recovery and place it in C:\adb folder and Rename it to recovery.img
- Connect your Device to PC via USB Cable and Open command Window in adb folder and type this
- This will list your Device and if the Device not listed then Install Drivers
- Now, Assuming that you have moved recovery.img to C:\adb folder, type this in Command Window
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- That’s it! Recovery is flashed.
How to Flash Custom ROMs in Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the ROM and GApps (GApps are already included in Pixel experience ROMs)
- Boot into Recovery and Go to Wipe section. Wipe Data, System, Cache and ART cache.
- Go to Install Section and Install ROM zip file
- Flash GApps if ROM doesn’t include them
- Flash Magisk if you need root