Flashing a Custom ROM is a very common practice today as they bring the latest Android and also gives a good performance. Redmi Note 5 aka Redmi 5 Plus was released back in January 2018 and sold well. The development for Redmi Note 5 is very active and we have a large number of Custom ROMs available for Redmi Note 5/5 Plus.
We selected 5+ best Custom ROM for Redmi Note 5/5 Plus by comparing the stability, performance, and updates. If you dont know how to flash a Custom ROM then check out the Installation Instructions at the end of the post, or use the navigation below.
Speaking of Redmi 5 Plus, it was released back in February of 2018. Also known as Redmi Note 5 in the Indian market, the device is powered by the Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 chipset and Adreno 506. It came in three variants: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 3GB RAM and 64GB 4GB RAM. The Display is a 5.99 inches IPS LCD panel that runs on a resolution 1080 x 2160 pixels. Coming to the cameras, the rear side has a Single 12 MP camera lens and the front side has a 5 MP camera lens. It is fueled by the 4000 mAh battery with Standard 10W charging.
Table of Contents
How to flash Custom ROM in Redmi Note 5
To flash a Custom ROM, you need a Custom Recovery. Installing TWRP (Custom Recovery) is quite simple and include 3 Steps:
First Download these:
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader, Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging
Go to this Page and apply for Unlocking permissions. After receiving permissions download the Mi unlock, Install it and unlock the Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in developers options ( Tap a few times on Build no. to unlock Developers options)
Step 2: Flash the TWRP by Fastboot
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and Go to C:\adb
- Download the Recovery and place it in C:\adb folder and Rename it to recovery.img
- Connect your Device to PC via USB Cable and Open command Window in adb folder and type this
- This will list your Device and if the Device not listed then Install Drivers
- Now, Assuming that you have moved recovery.img to C:\adb folder, type this in Command Window
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- That’s it! Recovery is flashed.
How to Flash Custom ROMs in Redmi Note 5
- Download the ROM and GApps (GApps are already included in Pixel experience ROMs)
- Boot into Recovery and Go to Wipe section. Wipe Data, System, Cache and ART cache.
- Go to Install Section and Install ROM zip file
- Flash GApps if ROM doesn’t include them
- Flash Magisk if you need root