Have you bricked your Moto G4 plus? Are you reverting back to Stock ROM? Whatever the reason may be, Flashing a Stock ROM for Moto G4 Plus can solve many problems.
In this Post, You will find the Stock ROM/Firmware for Moto G4 Plus, All Necessary files you need and a Full Step by Step Guide to flash the Stock ROM on Moto G4 plus.
Note: Flashing the Stock ROM on your Moto G4 plus will Wipe everything on your Internal Storage and will remove the Root access. To Root again, Check out this Post.
- ADB and Fastboot Installed on PC
- Stock Firmware (For XT1621, XT1622, XT1640, XT1641, XT1642, XT1643, XT1644 Variants)
- Drivers for Moto G4 Plus
How to flash Stock ROM for Moto G4 Plus
Flashing a Stock Firmware is a 2 Step process, and these step s are
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader and Install all Drivers (Skip this step if the Bootloader is already unlocked)
Step 2: Flash the Stock Firmware using ADB/Fastboot Commands
Now let us see them in Detail:
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader and Install all Drivers
Skip this Step if the Bootloader is already Unlocked.
If You are running a Stock Firmware already, but want to Downgrade to previous one then you will need to Unlock the Bootloader. So the Device can take fastboot Commands from PC.
- Register with your Google account on Motorola Website
- Enable USB debugging mode:-
On the Settings app, go to About Phone -> Tap 7 times on it to unlock developers options.
Go back to Settings and Open Developers options -> Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool and USB drivers for Moto G4/G4 plus.
- Reboot Your Device to Bootloader/fastboot -> Shut down your Device than press Volume up and Volume Down at the same time.
- Connect your Phone via USB cable and Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool (This will open a command window).
- Type this in Command Window
This will give a Code like this:-
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
INFO0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 INFO30373731363031303332323239#BD00 INFO8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 INFO1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 INFO0000000
- Convert the string into one single line string or Simply remove all the Space and then Copy the String
- Go to Motorola Bootloader Unlock site and Paste these String or code on the field -> “Can my device be unlocked”. Check the Fileds -> ‘I agree’ and click on Request unlock key. You will get the Key on your Gmail account.
- Open the command prompt (ADB.exe) and type this:-
fastboot oem unlock “YOURKEY”
- Put the key in place of YOURKEY
Done! You have unlocked the bootloader of your Device.
Step 2: Flash the Stock ROM for Moto G4 Plus using ADB/Fastboot commands
- Download the ROM, Install Moto G4 Plus Drivers and ADB/Fastboot Drivers
- Unzip the Downloaded ROM file and place the unzipped file in ADB folder (C: Drive by Default)
- Restart the Device into Fastboot Mode Shutting Down the Device and then Press Volume up and Volume down simultaneously
- Connect the Device to PC
- Type this to Verify if the Device is connected properly
Download this Script to Automate the Process. Place this Script in ADB folder (the Same folder where you unzipped the Firmware file)
- Run the Script “OEM Flash” and its Done. The Stock Firmware has been Flashed.
- Run the “OEM lock: file to Lock the Bootloader
Using the Script is an easier way but if you want to flash the Firmware Manually then:
- Open the Command Window in ADB folder (Dont forget to Unzip the ROM file in ADB Folder)
- Type this Code in Command Window:
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
fastboot flash oem oem.img
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase customize (optional: will erase any customizations if ordered through motomaker)
fastboot erase clogo (optional: will erase the custom boot logo if ordered through motomaker)
Done! The Stock ROM for Moto G4 plus is flashed successfully.