In this Post, You’ll find Stock Firmware for Mi A2 which you can download and there is also a Flashing Guide to Flash the ROM.
If you own a Mi A2 and looking for Stock ROM for it then you landed at right place. There can be many reasons to flash a Stock ROM/Firmware although the most common case is to fix a bricked device. Also, you can this method to go back to Stock ROM from Custom ROM
Stock ROM or Firmware contains Android OS and the kernel which control hardware so it usually fixes the software related issues which are encountered while flashing Custom ROMs or Mods. Follow the steps given below to flash the Stock ROM/Firmware on Mi A2.
Table of Contents
Stock ROM/Firmware for Mi A2
The Stock ROM for Mi A2 Lite is the Stock Android. Mi A2 lite comes under the Android One program, which simply means that the Software and its updates are handled by Google.
This smartphone will be one of the first to receive the latest Android updates. And the Stock Android means better performance with a much better UI.
If you like modifications and Customizations then you can flash Custom ROMs on Mi A2.
Fastboot Stock Firmware for Mi A2
|ROM Version||Download Link|
|Android 9 Pie||Download|
OTA Package/ Recovery Flash-able ROM for Mi A2
|ROM Version||Download link|
How to flash Stock Firmware on Mi A2
You can either temporary boot the TWRP or just use the already flashed recovery.
- Boot the device into Fastboot mode and connect it to PC
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot drivers are installed and then type this command in Command window
fastboot boot twrp.img
- or boot up to the already installed TWRP
- Download the ROM zip file and Store it in the internal storage of Mi A2 Lite
- In TWRP, Tap on “Wipe” and Perform a Full Wipe
- Then Tap on “Install” and go to the location where you stored the ROM Zip file
- Flash the file by swiping on the slider
- Reboot the device.
Done! You have flashed Stock ROM on Mi A2
Fastboot Method (Manual)
This Method needs an Unlocked Bootloader. If your Device is locked then go here and Unlock it.
- Download the MI Flash tool from here and Install it.
- Download the Fastboot ROM given above.
Step 1: Decompress the Downloaded ROM file
Step 2: Boot the Mi A2 into Fastboot mode by Pressing Volume down + Power Button at the same time and Connect it to PC via USB Cable
Step 3: Open the Mi flash tool and in the Address bar, Paste the path of Decompressed ROM file. You can copy the Path by going into the folder and Click on the Top bar.
Step 4: After Pasting the Path of decompressed ROM file, Click on “Refresh” button and After that click on “Flash” Button
This will flash the Stock Firmware on Mi A2