Out of all the advantages Android holds over the iOS and other OSs, Rooting is probably the biggest one out of them. You can gain System-level access and do some Modding that allow you to change and modify the Android in the way you want it. Here is the guide about How to Root Samsung Galaxy A21s in an easy way.
Rooting brings a lot of benefits to any Android device. Some of them are: You can use Magsik modules and Xposed Framework to get more powerful features, downclock or Overclock the CPU to increase battery and performance, and install Substratum to theme the UI to a whole new level.
Talking about the Samsung Galaxy A21s, it is a budget smartphone by Samsung and comes with an Exynos 850 Octa-Core processor and a Mali-G52. The display is a 6.5 inches PLS TFT panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. There are three variants: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM and 64GB 6GB RAM. Coming to the cameras, there is a Quad-Camera setup on the back that consists of the primary 48 MP lens with a 0.8µm size Sensor, an 8 MP ultrawide lens, 2 MP macro lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor. A 13 MP is present on the front side in a punch hole. The Fingerprint sensor is rear-mounted. The device is fueled by a 5000 mAh battery with a 15 W fast charging support.
Table of Contents
- 1 Download Section
- 2 How to Root Samsung Galaxy A21s with Magisk
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A21s with Magisk
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader.
Step 2: Download Firmware for Samsung Galaxy A21s and Extract AP.tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Patch the Boot.img using Magisk Manager.
Step 4: Flash the Patched Boot.img using PC (Odin).
Step 5: Factory Reset the Device and Boot into the System with Magisk with Right Key Combo.
Note: There is no need for TWRP to root Galaxy A21s in the method given in the post,
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader
Unlocking Bootloader in Samsung devices can be done without PC, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings -> About Phone, and then Tap on “Build Number” 10 times.
- Enter your PIN or Password to Enable Developer options.
- The Developers Option will appear in Settings, Open it and Enable the “OEM Unlock”.
- Boot Into Download mode by Turning OFF your device, connect it to PC via Type-C cable and then hold Volume Down + Power Button. Release all the Button once you see a change in screen and then press Volume Up to go into Download Mode.
- Once the Device boot into Download mode, hold the Volume Up Button, this will Wipe all the data in the phone and will unlock the Bootloader.
- The phone will reboot to the System, now Connect to the Wifi and Skip the Setup.
- Go to Settings -> About Phone and Tap on “Build Number” 7 times.
- Go to the Developers Options again and Check if the OEM Unlock is greyed out, if it is, then Bootloader is Unlocked.
Step 2: Extract AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5 from Firmware
- Download the Stock ROM for your Device given above in the Download Section.
- Transfer the file to your PC and extract it, Find the file with the name “AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5”.
- Transfer this File to your Device.
Step 3: Patch the AP.tar.md5 file using Magisk Manager app
- Download the Magisk Manager from Above and Install it.
- Open the App and Tap on Install.
- Choose the option “Select and Patch file”.
- Find the AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5 file you extracted and transferred to your device.
- Magisk Manager will patch the file and the file will be saved as magisk_patched.tar.
Step 4: Flash the patched boot.img using Odin
- Move the magisk_patched.img to your PC.
- Download the Odin Flash Tool from Above and Install it.
- Boot Into Download mode by Turning OFF your device, connect it to PC via Type-C cable and then hold Volume Down + Power Button. Release all the Buttons once you see a change in screen and then press Volume Up to go into Download Mode.
- Open Odin flash tool and click on AP, select the magisk_patched.tar file.
- Select the other BL, CP, and CSC files from the Firmware you downloaded.
- Uncheck Auto Reboot in options and Click on Install.
- This will flash the patched AP file your device and your Samsung Galaxy A21s is now Rooted.
Step 5: Full Wipe the System and Boot into System with Magisk
- Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press the combo key Power + Volume Up to boot to recovery. Continue pressing the volume up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
- Use the Volume Buttons to Choose Wipe data/factory reset
- Now Choose the Reboot System Now and Hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons. As soon as you see the Warning screen, release all the buttons. Your System will now Boot into the System with Magisk
- You need to do this every single time you will reboot the device, Here are the Combinations you need to learn
A. Powering up normally → System with no Magisk
B. (Power + Volume Up) → Bootloader warning → Release all buttons →System with Magisk
C. (Power + Volume Up) → Bootloader warning → Keep holding volume up → Actual recovery
That’s it. You have successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy A21s.
If you are stuck in any step or have any problem, just leave a comment below and we will help you out.