In this post, we have given a step by step Installation guide to flash Resurrection Remix 7.0 for Moto G6 Plus.
Moto G6 Plus is one the best budget smartphone of 2018. Thanks to its design, build quality and specs, it sold very well. However, Android updates are becoming a major issue for Moto series devices. Instead, you can flash a Custom ROM which gives the latest security patches, Android and comes with lots of features.
Thanks to the developer community, we have many good custom ROMs for Moto G6 Plus and one of them is Resurrection Remix, a features rich custom with good performance.
Resurrection Remix is a LineageOS based custom ROM which offers a Stock Android experience with a massive set of features and customization options. If you love features and modifications then Resurrection Remix is for you. Read more about RR later in the post
About the ROM
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Maintained by: Jleeblanch
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed
- The battery should be charged to 50%
Drivers: ADB AND FASTBOOT
Magisk: Magisk 18.1
How to Flash
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader
- Enable USB Debugging and Allow OEM unlock by going into Developer options. Go to settings > About phone and then tap on “Build number” multiple times until you see “You are now a developer” popup
- Open the Motorola Bootloader unlock website and click on “Next”. On the next screen, Sign in with your Google or Motorola account
- Reboot to fastboot by turning off your phone and then pressing Volume Down and Power Key together
- Connect the phone to your PC and open command window. Type this in cmd
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- It will give a code which you need to copy and paste it into the Data Scrub tool
- Data scrub tool will give a new code, copy it and paste it in Motorola Unlock page which you just signed on to.
- Click on “I agree” and then click on “Get unlock code”
- You will receive an Unlock key
- Now type the following code in the command window twice
fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
UNIQUE_KEY is the key you got on Motorola unlock page. Paste the code twice to unlock the device.
Step 2: Boot the Recovery
- Install all Drivers and Download TWRP
- Rename TWRP to twrp.img and place it in adb folder (C:\adb)
- Boot the device into Bootloader mode
- Open Command prompt window or Power shell by Shift + Right click and then Click on Open Command Window
- Type this command to boot recovery (Do not flash recovery, it is not supported yet)
- fastboot boot twrp.img
Step 3: Flash the ROM and GApps
- If you are coming from stock rom for the first time then flash copy-partitions-AB.zip file (Given in Download section)
- In TWRP, Go to Wipe and Format data (Internal storage will be wiped so take backups)
- Goto Install and Flash ROM zip file
- Reboot and let the ROM boot once
- Boot the recovery again (Step 2)
- In TWRP, Format the data again
- Flash GApps
- Flash Magisk if you need root access.
That’s it, You have flashed Resurrection Remix 7.0 on Moto G6 Plus