Poco X2 is now getting the MIUI 12 update in the Indian region. The update brings the latest MIUI 12 and comes with the version number V220.127.116.11.QGHINXM. The new iteration of MIUI, MIUI 12 brings a lot of new exciting features that enhance the user experience and make MIUI one of the best Android skin in the market. You can check all the new features in the changelog section.
The update is in the initial rollout phase which means only a number of devices will get the update. The update then will be rolled out to all devices once the ROM confirms to be stable. However, if you cannot wait for the wider release, then you can download the ROM from the Download Section and install or flash it manually using the given Guide
Table of Contents
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically-based animation engines with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full-screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split-screen and floating windows.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open the Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in a darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2020. Increased system security.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- New: A new model for scanning documents
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features upfront.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Recovery ROM: Download
OTA Package (Upgrade from V18.104.22.168.QGHINXM ): Download
How to Install/Flash The Update on your Poco X2
If you want to Upgrade your MIUI then Use this Method. Make sure to Download the OTA package only, Fastboot ROM will not work with Updater.
Done! You have flashed the new update for Poco X2
Fastboot Method (Manual)
- This Method needs an Unlocked Bootloader. If your Device is locked then go here and Unlock it.
- Download the MI Flash tool from here and install it.
- Download the Fastboot ROM given above.
This will flash the new update for Poco X2