When it comes to Custom ROMs, LineageOS is one of the best and most trusted custom ROM out there. If you own a Poco F2 Pro and want to flash a custom ROM on it, then you are at the right place. In this post, you download LineageOS 17.1 for Poco F2 Pro.
LineageOS is the most trusted and most used Custom ROM for Android. It is an AOSP based Custom ROM that focuses on giving a Stock Android experience with some extra essential features. There are many great features in LineageOS 17.1 and it gives a good performance and battery life. LineageOS also push monthly security patches that ensure the safety of your device.
Poco F2 Pro is the third entry in the Poco brand and is the successor to Poco F1. It is powered by the Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 with Adreno 650. The display is 6.67 inches SUPER AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The display supports HDR10+ and comes with the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Unlike the Poco X2, the display on F2 Pro runs on a 60 Hz refresh rate. It houses a Quad-camera setup on the back that includes a primary 64 MP lens, a 5 MP telephoto macro, 13 MP ultrawide, and 2 MP depth sensor. It is fueled by the 4700 mAh battery and comes with 30W fast charging
Table of Contents
Download LineageOS 17.1 for Poco F2 Pro
LineageOS is the most used and most trusted Custom ROM out there. It was started as CyanogenMod and known to be the first custom ROM or firmware which was able to make its way to some smartphone as pre-installed default firmware.
LineageOS is based on AOSP code and you will hardly feel a difference from stock Android. There are some third-party apps like Trebuchet, AudioFX, Clock, Dialer. Jelly, Eleven Music Player, Recorder, Snap Camera. All the apps are useful and there are no Ads in them. LineageOS comes without Google app or GApps, you have to install them after flashing the ROM.
Due to its stability and performance, many other custom ROMs use LineageOS code as their base, some of them are Resurrection Remix and crDroid.
If you want a daily driver with good battery life and performance, then LineageOS is one of the best option for you.
Features of LineageOS 17.1
- A new partial screenshot UI was implemented that lets you hand-select smaller parts of your screen and edit the screenshots.
- Many of you have been waiting for news on themes since the CyanogenMod Theme Engine’s deprecation in CyanogenMod 13.0, and those of you in this boat are in for a treat!
- AOSP’s new ThemePicker app was adapted to have the range of accents you’ve become used to with our old implementation, Styles.
- Support for font change, icon shape (both QuickSettings and Launcher), and icon style changes (eg. changing the style of the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth icons).
- Trebuchet has long been able to hide apps from the Launcher and protect them with a passcode/password, but now you can also use your biometric sensor to authenticate as well!
- Wi-Fi display is available once again.
- Support for on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD) has been added.
- Support for pop-up and rotating cameras has been added.
- Support for Australian English, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian, and Turkish spell checking has been added to the AOSP keyboard.
How to flash LineageOS 17.1 Custom ROM on Poco F2 Pro
Instructions are from the Official XDA thread of ROM
- Remove all Pins and Password so Decryption dont fail
- Make sure to update to the latest Firmware
- Flash the latest TWRP given above
- Charge the device to at least 50%
Boot to Lineage Recovery first by
fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img
- Format the Data by Going in the Wipe Section, this will remove the encryption
- On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin to sideload.
- Go to the ADB folder and move Lineage ROM there. Rename it to rom.zip
- Open Powershell window by Shift+Right Click and open Powershell
- Sideload the package using the command
adb sideload rom.zip
- To flash GApps, Goto Advance, and Reboot to recovery
- After Rebooting Recovery, Tap on Apply update, then Apply from ADB and sideload the GApps using the aforementioned command.
adb sideload gapps.zip
The first boot will take some time so be patient. And that’s it, you have flashed the LineageOS 17.1 Custom ROM for Poco F2 Pro.
If you are facing any problem or got a question, leave a comment below.