It’s been only a month since OnePlus Nord was released and we have already a couple of Custom ROMs to flash on the device. Thanks to the developer lakshay18 for the LineageOS 17.1 which can you download and flash on your device right now. In this post, you will find the Download link and an installation guide to flash the ROM along with GApps.
LineageOS is the most trusted and most used Custom ROM for Android. It is an AOSP based Custom ROM that focuses on giving Stock Android experience with some extra essential features. There are many great features in LineageOS 17.1 and it gives a good performance and battery life. LineageOS also push monthly security patches that ensure the safety of your device.
OnePlus Nord is the reentry of OnePlus in the budget segment. It is equipped with the Snapdragon 765G Chipset along with 6/8/12 GB of RAM. You also get 3 storage options: 64, 128, 256 GB. The display is a 6.44 inches Fluid AMOLED with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The display has a refresh rate of 90 Hertz. Coming to cameras, the rear side has the main 48 MP (0.8µm Senor) lens accompanied by an ultrawide, macro, and depth sensor. The front has a dual-camera setup of the primary 32 MP lens with an 8 MP ultrawide lens. It is fueled by a 4115 mAh battery with 30W fast charging support.
Table of Contents
Download LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus Nord
-VoWiFi (I think)
LineageOS is the most used and most trusted Custom ROM out there. It was started as CyanogenMod and known to be the first custom ROM or firmware which was able to make its way to some smartphone as pre-installed default firmware.
LineageOS is based on AOSP code and you will hardly feel a difference from stock Android. There are some third-party apps like Trebuchet, AudioFX, Clock, Dialer. Jelly, Eleven Music Player, Recorder, Snap Camera. All the apps are useful and there are no Ads in them. LineageOS comes without Google app or GApps, you have to install them after flashing the ROM.
Due to its stability and performance, many other custom ROMs use LineageOS code as their base, some of them are Resurrection Remix and crDroid.
If you want a daily driver with good battery life and performance, then LineageOS is one the best option for you.
Features of LineageOS 17.1
- A new partial screenshot UI was implemented that lets you hand-select smaller parts of your screen and edit the screenshots.
- Many of you have been waiting for news on themes since the CyanogenMod Theme Engine’s deprecation in CyanogenMod 13.0, and those of you in this boat are in for a treat!
- AOSP’s new ThemePicker app was adapted to have the range of accents you’ve become used to with our old implementation, Styles.
- Support for font change, icon shape (both QuickSettings and Launcher), and icon style changes (eg. changing the style of the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth icons).
- Trebuchet has long been able to hide apps from the Launcher and protect them with a passcode/password, but now you can also use your biometric sensor to authenticate as well!
- Wi-Fi display is available once again.
- Support for on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD) has been added.
- Support for pop-up and rotating cameras has been added.
- Support for Australian English, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian, and Turkish spell checking has been added to the AOSP keyboard.
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 on OnePlus Nord
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader, Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in developers options ( Tap a few times on Build no. to unlock Developers options)
- Enable Advance Reboot in the Developer option and then Reboot the Device into Bootloader mode
- Connect the device to PC and Open Powershell or Command Window by Shift + Mouse Right Click and then select from the menu
- Type this Command to Confirm if the device is connected and Fastboot is working
- Type this Command to Unlock the Bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
./fastboot oem unlock
On your OnePlus Nord, there will be two new options, select the Unlock Bootloader option using Volume keys and press Power Button to Confirm it
And that its, the device is now unlocked, that means you can give the command to it via fastboot, that can be used to flash TWRP, Boot images, and other img files
Step 2: Download and Set up things
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC
- Download and Install USB drivers
- Download the ROM and extract the files to the adb folder (Default Location: C:\adb)
Step 3: Flash the ROM using PC
Go the adb folder where you extracted the ROM and:
- Either Run the Script which is given in the folder or,
- Open Command Window or Powershell Window (Shift + Mouse Right Click and Select from the menu) and Enter the given Commands:
adb reboot fastboot
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash product product.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
The first boot will take some time so be patient. And that’s it, you have flashed the LineageOS 17.1 Custom ROM for OnePlus Nord.
If you are facing any problem or got a question, leave a comment below.