In this post, we have given a step by step Installation Guide to flash LineageOS 16 for Mi 5s Plus.
Mi 5S Plus was a flagship killer smartphone and one the best at the time of release. Released in 2016, Mi 5s Plus stopped getting updates a long time ago. But you can always flash custom ROMs to keep your Android smartphone up to date.
LineageOS is one of the most used custom ROM for Android because of its stability and performance. Based on AOSP, LineageOS contains no bloat and is updated frequently thanks to the developers. Read more about LineageOS later in this Post.
So if you want to try Android Pie then keep reading to download the ROM with the flashing procedure.
Table of Contents
Download and Install LineageOS 16 for Mi 5s Plus (Android Pie)
About the ROM
ROM OS Version: Android 9 Pie
Maintained by: LuK1337
- Unlocked Bootloader
- TWRP Installed
- The battery should be charged to 50%
ROM: LineageOS 16
Drivers: ADB and Fastboot
Magisk: Magisk v18.1
How to Flash LineageOS 16 on Mi 5s Plus
Step 1: Unlock the Device
- Go to Mi Unlock Page for Permission to Unlock the Bootloader
- Open the Mi Flash Unlock tool and Login with the account which has unlocking permissions
- Unlock the Device
Step 2: Boot the recovery
- Connect the phone to PC
- Download recovery, rename it to recovery.img and place it in C:\adb folder
- Open a command prompt by pressing Shift + Right Click and then click on Open command window or Powershell
- Paste this command to boot recovery
fastboot boot recovery.img
This will boot the recovery.
Step 3: Flash the ROM and GApps
- Download the latest ROM and GApps
- In the TWRP, Click on Wipe and perform a Full Wipe
- Go to Install and Flash the latest ROM zip file
- Reboot to bootloader and boot TWRP once again (In case you haven’t flashed the recovery)
- Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons
That’s it, You have flashed LineageOS 16 for Mi 5s Plus
LineageOS and its features
LineageOS is the most used and most trusted Custom ROM out there. It was started as CyanogenMod and known to be the first custom ROM or firmware which was able to make its way to some smartphone as pre-installed default firmware.
LineageOS is based on AOSP code and you will hardly feel a difference from stock Android. There are some third-party apps like Trebuchet, AudioFX, Clock, Dialer. Jelly, Eleven Music Player, Recorder, Snap Camera. All the apps are useful and there are no Ads in them. LineageOS comes without Google app or GApps, you have to install them after flashing the ROM.
Due to its stability and performance, many other custom ROMs use LineageOS code as their base, some of them are Resurrection Remix and crDroid.
If you want a daily driver with good battery life and performance, then LineageOS is one the best option for you.
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Lock Screen/Security
- Quick Settings
- Status Bar
Apart from these features, you get all perks of Android Pie which includes features like Digital Wellbeing, Machine learning, Adaptive Battery, which pushes back the app which you dont use often. Other new features are Adaptive Brightness, App actions, New navigation style, Rotate Screen Quickly and other features which tune up the phone according to your use.