Rooting gives you the permissions to write and edit system files. Flashing Custom ROMs and using some apps like GCam and Greenify need Root access. Let’s see how to root Oneplus 6
Table of Contents
How to Root Oneplus 6
Rooting Oneplus 6 is a 3 Step Process
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader
Step 2: Flash the TWRP through PC
Step 3: FLash Magisk Manager or SuperSU through TWRP
Download and Install Oneplus 6 Drivers
ADB and Fastboot Drivers: Download the Software and Run the .exe file, Select “Y” every time when asked.
Download TWRP zip and TWRP img file from Here
Source (For Drivers)
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader (After Installing ADB and Fastboot Drivers)
- Boot your device into fastboot Mode by Powering Off the Device and then pressing Volume up + Power Button.
- Connect the Phone to PC via USB cable
- Open a Command Window by Pressing Shift + Right Click at the same time, Then Select “Open Command Window Here” from the Popup.
- Type this on Command Window to check if the Device is successfully connected to PC
- If your Device shows up then good and if not then you may have skipped the Driver Installation part.
- Type this to Unlock Bootloader: This command will Wipe everything from your Device
fastboot oem unlock
- Then Press Volume Button on your Oneplus 6 to Unlock Bootloader
- After Wiping down your Data, The Device will boot into OS.
- The Bootloader is Unlocked and you can now flash TWRP
Step 2: Flash the TWRP recovery
- Enable USB Debugging by Going to Settings -> About Phone and then Tap on Build Number 7 Times. Goto Settings -> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging
- Enable OEM Unlocking in Developers Options
- Download the TWRP img file and place it in your PC
- Download TWRP zip file and place it in your Devices Internal Storage
- Power of the Device and Boot into bootloader by Holding Volume Up + Power buttons at the same time
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable
- Go to the Folder where TWRP img file is located and Open up a command prompt by Pressing Shift + Right Click
- Type this Code in Command Window
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img
Note: You can also rename the zip file to recovery and type fastboot boot recovery.img
- This Command will boot in recovery temporarily, Now Go into Install section and select the twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip (TWRP zip file) which is in Internal Storage of your Device
This will Flash TWRP Recovery in your Device
Step 3: Flash Magisk Manager to Root Oneplus 6
- Download Magisk Manager and Place it in the Internal Storage of the Device
- Boot into The Custom Recovery by using Advance Reboot menu which can be enabled on Developer options.
- Go into Install Section and Install Magisk Manager
Done! Your Oneplus 6 is now Rooted