Moto G4/G4 plus, the latest from Motorola in Moto g series is one of the best Smartphone in Budget segment.
To make it more Better, We need Root access
Rooting Moto G4 and G4 plus includes 3 Steps
Step 1: Unlock bootloader of Moto G4/G4 plus
Step 2: Flashing TWRP Recovery
Step 3: Install SuperSU to Root Moto G4/G4 plus
Table of Contents
How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G4 and Moto G4 plus
2. Enable USB debugging mode:-
* On Settings app, go to About Phone -> Tap 7 times on it to unlock developers options.
* Go back to Settings and Open Developers options -> Enable USB debugging Mode
3. Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool and USB drivers for Moto G4/G4 plus.
4. Reboot Your Device to Bootloader/fastboot -> Shut down your Device than press Volume up and Volume Down at the same time.
5. Connect your Phone via USB cable and Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool (This will open a command window)
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
INFO0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 INFO30373731363031303332323239#BD00 INFO8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 INFO1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 INFO0000000
Convert the string into one single line string or Simply remove all the Space and then Copy the String
6. Go to Motorola Boot loader Unlock site and Paste these String or code on field -> “Can my device be unlocked”. Check the Fileds -> ‘I agree’ and click on Request unlock key. You will get the Key on your Gmail account.
7. Open command prompt (ADB.exe) and type this:-
fastboot oem unlock “YOURKEY”
Put the key in place of YOURKEY
Done! You have unlocked bootloader of your Device.
Now you can proceed for TWRP Recovery installing.
How to Install Custom Recovery (TWRP) on Moto G4 and Moto G4 plus.
1. Download TWRP Custom recovery for Moto G4 and Moto G4 plus.(Download link above)
2. Move it to in Minimal ADB and fastboot Installation Folder and name it twrp.img
3. Connect your Device through USB cable and Power off it to Fastboot mode.
4. Type This in command prompt Window
TWRP has been installed in your Device.
Now move on to the next step
How to Root Moto G4 and Moto G4 plus.
1. Download SuperSU.zip (Download Link Above) and Transfer it to the Device Internal Memory.
2. Power off your device and Open TWRP recovery. Tap on Install and Locate SuperSu.zip through it and flash it
Done! You have Succesfully Rooted your Moto G4 plus.