LineageOS 17.1 based on Android 10 is officially released. A little bit late to the party, but Android 10 based LineageOS is finally here and released for about 52 devices officially.
One of the most used Custom ROM ever for Android, LineageOS 17.1 brings some new features compared to Stock Android. It is based on the feature-packed Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL Android OS and then adds some more of its own, more on the features later.
It was started as CyanogenMod and known to be the first custom ROM or firmware which was able to make its way to some smartphone as pre-installed default firmware.
Table of Contents
Features of LineageOS 17.1
- A new partial screenshot UI was implemented that lets you hand-select smaller parts of your screen and edit the screenshots.
- Many of you have been waiting for news on themes since the CyanogenMod Theme Engine’s deprecation in CyanogenMod 13.0, and those of you in this boat are in for a treat!
- AOSP’s new ThemePicker app was adapted to have the range of accents you’ve become used to with our old implementation, Styles.
- Support for font change, icon shape (both QuickSettings and Launcher) and icon style changes (eg. changing the style of the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth icons).
- Trebuchet has long been able to hide apps from the Launcher and protect them with a passcode/password, but now you can also use your biometric sensor to authenticate as well!
- October, November, December 2019 and January, February, March 2020 security patches have been merged.
- Builds are currently based on the android-10.0.0_r31 tag, which is the Pixel 4/4 XL’s tag.
- Wi-Fi display is available once again.
- Support for on-screen fingerprint sensors (FOD) has been added.
- Support for pop-up and rotating cameras has been added.
- Support for Australian English, Lithuanian, Latvian, Dutch, Romanian, Slovenian, Serbian and Turkish spell checking has been added to AOSP keyboard.
- AOSP keyboard available emojis have been updated to Emoji 12.0.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 80.0.3987.132.
- Lineage recovery is the Custom Recovery to flash Lineage OS in your Device. Every device will get its own official build.
- The Styles API is now deprecated in favour of the aforementioned ThemePicker app.
- PrivacyGuard has been superseded by AOSP’s new PermissionHub. It is almost equivalent in feature parity and directly conflicted with all attempts to forward-port Privacy Guard.
- Expanded Desktop has been dropped in favour of the new AOSP navigation gestures.
Download LineageOS 17.1 for Supported Devices
- All links are taken from Lineageos.org.
- Download Link is provided on Wiki page along with Installation instructions.
|Device name||Wiki Page||Maintainers|
|Asus Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL)||I01WD||luca020400, OrdenKrieger|
|HTC One 2014||m8||bgcngm|
|HTC One 2014 (Dual-SIM)||m8d||bgcngm|
|LG G2 (AT&T)||d800||YoDevil|
|LG G2 (Canada)||d803||YoDevil|
|LG G2 (International)||d802||YoDevil|
|LG G2 (T-Mobile)||d801||YoDevil|
|LG G3 (AT&T)||d850||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (Canada)||d852||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (International)||d855||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (Korea)||f400||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (T-Mobile)||d851||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G3 (Verizon)||vs985||firebird11, HardStyl3r|
|LG G5 (Global)||rs988||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG G5 (International)||h850||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG G5 (T-Mobile)||h830||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (AT&T)||h910||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (Global)||h990||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (Sprint)||ls997||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (T-Mobile)||h918||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (US Unlocked)||us996||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|LG V20 (Verizon)||vs995||npjohnson, x86cpu|
|Moto G6 Plus (XT1926-2/3/5/6/7/8/9)||evert||Jleeblanch|
|Moto G7||river||erfanoabdi, npjohnson, SyberHexen|
|Moto G7 Plus (XT1965-2/3/6)||lake||Jleeblanch|
|Moto Z2 Force (XT1789-02/3/4/5/6/7)||nash||npjohnson, erfanoabdi|
|Motorola One Power (XT1942-1/2)||chef||Hasaber8|
|OnePlus 6||enchilada||luca020400, LuK1337|
|OnePlus 7 Pro||guacamole||LuK1337, Tortel|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295)||jactivelte||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)||jflteatt||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-R970/C/X, SPH-L720)||jfltespr||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition (GT-I9515/L)||jfvelte||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)||jfltevzw||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505/G, SGH-I337M, SGH-M919)||jfltexx||arco, npjohnson, side|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e Wi-Fi (SM-T720)||gts4lvwifi||bgcngm, LuK1337|
|Sony Xperia XA2||pioneer||cdesai, LuK1337, Stricted|
|Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra||discovery||LuK1337|
|Sony Xperia 10||kirin||LuK1337|
|Sony Xperia 10 Plus||mermaid||LuK1337|
|Xiaomi Poco F1||beryllium||bgcngm, warabhishek|
|Xiaomi Mi 6||sagit||ArianK16a, Elektroschmock|
|Xiaomi Mi 8||dipper||infrag|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix 2||chiron||mikeioannina, wight554|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S||polaris||bgcngm|
|ZUK Z2 Plus||z2_plus||DD3Boh|
How to flash LineageOS 17.1 on your Android Device
If you are using an unofficial build of LineageOS then Perform a full Wipe (System, Data, cache) before flashing the official build. Follow the instructions from here.
If you want to upgrade the LineageOS, then follow the instructions from here.