OnePlus 8T was one of the best budget devices of 2020 with flagship specs. The device sports top of line specs along with a really good set of cameras. However, if you want more out of the cameras of your OnePlus 8T, then GCam is what you need. GCam or Google Camera comes with the industry’s best image processing powers that have the ability to enhance any Android camera. In this post, you will find the best GCam for OnePlus 8T along with the config file.
Thanks to the developers, GCam is ported and available as an APK to install in any Android device, provided that, camera2api is enabled in that Android device. GCam uses the camera2api to get better control over the smartphone’s camera sensor and then apply its amazing Image processing algorithms to produce Sharp, detailed Images with Good dynamic range. Night sight, a feature introduced in Google camera v7, captures great photos in low light and hence, improves any Android’s device low light performance by a big margin.
The best GCam for OnePlus 8T is GCam V7.3 by Wichaya. All the camera features are working like HDR+, Night Mode, Astrophotography, and Portrait Mode. Some user has reported that the Video quality is better on stock camera app compared to GCam, especially when it comes to stabilization.
Table of Contents
Download GCam APK for OnePlus 8T
- This post will be updated with a new GCam release if that works better than the previous one. Make sure to Bookmark this post
- No Config File means GCam is pre-optimized.
|GCam Version||Download Link||XML File (Config)|
|GCam V7.3 by Wichaya||Download||Download|
|NGCam V7.4 by Nikita||Download|
How to Install GCam on OnePlus 8T
- GCam APK
- That’s it, Camera2api is already enabled in OnePlus 8T, Install the GCam apk and use it.
To Apply the XML settings for GCam (If Given), Follow this Process:
- Go to File Manager and create a new folder in the root of your Internal Storage as:
- Copy and paste the XML files to “Configs7” sub-folder
- Open GCam and double click on the empty space from the right or left of the shutter button
- Your XMLs should show up there, select one desired XML and click on “Restore”. If GCam restarts, it means that the config file has been loaded
Why use GCam?
HDR+ | Great Dynamic range
Google’s HDR+ is based on Image fusion technology which takes different images and then merges it into a single but more detailed image. It improves dynamic range and also gives better low light shots.
Portrait mode is now fairly common in every smartphone, but GCam clearly got the upper hand in Edge detection and natural blur.
The night is different than HDR+ in many ways. HDR+ gives better dynamic range, on the other hand, Night Sight gives better low light shots by lighting them up and removing noise. So far, Night Sight is the most powerful ability of GCam and is far better than Mi’s Camera.
It simply taking pictures of the Night sky full of the star. It is a feature within Night mode.
- Motion Photos
- Lens Blur
- Photo Sphere
- Motion tracking