Redmi Note 5 Pro is one of the best Budget devices with excellent hardware but with a Mediocre OS. The MIUI isn’t that great when it comes to Android Updates. There are many best Custom ROMs for Redmi Note 5 Pro which bring the latest Android OS, features, and Performance.
Custom ROMs are the easiest way to modify your Android Device. These ROMs comes with great features which are missing in MIUI or any other Android Skin out there. The best part is that they are free of Bloat and you can use Android to its full compatibility.
We selected these Best custom ROMs for Redmi Note 5 Pro by looking at there features, Performance, Stability and Updates frequency. You need Custom Recovery flashed in your Device, Check out the FAQs section to flash recovery and Download GApps.
How to root and Install TWRP in Redmi Note 5 Pro (Whyred)
Rooting and Installing TWRP is quite simple and include 3 Steps:
First Download these:
Step 1: Unlock the Bootloader, Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging
Go to this Page and apply for Unlocking permissions. After receiving permissions download the Mi unlock, Install it and unlock the Bootloader
Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock in developers options ( Tap a few times on Build no. to unlock Developers options)
Step 2: Flash the TWRP by Fastboot
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and Go to C:\adb
- Download the Recovery and place it in C:\adb folder and Rename it to recovery.img
- Connect your Device to PC via USB Cable and Open command Window in adb folder and type this
- This will list your Device and if the Device not listed then Install Drivers
- Now, Assuming that you have moved recovery.img to C:\adb folder, type this in Command Window
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- That’s it! Recovery is flashed.
Step 3: Install the Magisk zip
- Boot into Recovery by Pressing Power Button + Volume Up button at the Same time
- Go to Install Section and flash Magisk zip
How to Flash Custom ROMs in Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Download the ROM and GApps (GApps are already included in Pixel experience ROMs)
- Boot into Recovery and Go to Wipe section. Wipe Data, System, Cache and ART cache.
- Go to Install Section and Install ROM zip file
- Flash GApps if ROM doesn’t include them
- Flash Magisk if you need root
Which GApps to Download?
I soft bricked my Redmi Note 5 Pro, What to do now?
Sometimes, due to some mistakes, the device can go into a Bricked condition which means it does not boot into the OS. The device just stops at MI logo.
To Unbrick the Device, You can choose any one of the methods given below
- Boot into recovery, perform a Full wipe and Re-Install the ROM.
If you can’t boot into recovery then connect your phone to PC via USB and flash recovery by using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Fastboot ROM method: See the Dhananjay Bhosale Video to Flash Stock Firmware on any Xiaomi Device
How to revert back to MIUI firmware?
Watch the Video Given Above