How to enable Android soft keys on any Device.
Android Soft keys were introduced in Nexus device (Android 4.0).
Today most of the smartphone feature Soft keys because they save space for hardware and looks good too.
However, if you want them in your smartphone for a specific reason (defective hard keys) then you are at the right post. According to a survey, every 1 in 4 people uses a smashed smartphone and if you have broken your hardware buttons or you just love them then keep reading.
You will also learn how to customize them, make them transparent or colorful (cool isn’t).
Table of Contents
How to enable Android Soft keys.
There are two methods to do this
Method 1: Editing Build.prop file
Method 2: Using Xposed module (Gravity Box)
Root access on your device.
Few fingers to operate Device(Just kidding)
- Download Root explorer from here and install it
- Open it and go to the root of system /system
- Find build.prop And open it with Root explorer text editor
- At the very end add this line qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 See image for a better demonstration.
- Save and exit the app and then Reboot your device.
Done! Enjoy Android navigation bar.
Gravity box–> Here is full guide
Root access on your Device
And yes few fingers
- Install Xposed framework ( See above) and gravity box( see above).
- After reboot open gravity box and tap on navigation bar.
- Activate it.
- Reboot your device.
Done!! Now soft keys on your android device.
How to customize Android Soft key.
So you have learned about activating navigation bar now you will learn about customizing them. You can change there look (kitkat version or lollipop version) or you can make them colorful, transparent, bigger, smaller and change keys position (If you are right or left handed).
Xposed framework and Gravity box in your Device
- Install Xposed framework than gravity box (see avbove).
- Open Gravity box and tap on Navigation bar
- You will see barrage of option to customize according to your need.
- After customizing reboot your Device
If you facing any problem in enabling navigation bar than let us know at comment section